A Step-By-Step Guide on how to Replace Your Key Fob Battery in a 2020 Mazda CX-5
As a company that prides itself on its next-generation designs and technology, the Advanced Keyless Entry system is a staple among current Mazda vehicles. With it, you can do many things with just the single press of a button. But what happens when the battery runs out? Check out a step-by-step guide on how to replace the battery in a 2020 Mazda CX-5, courtesy of Bob Baker Mazda.
What You Need
When replacing the Mazda CX-5 key battery, you will need a few items. This includes a CR2025 battery or equivalent to place into the key fob, a tape-wrapped flathead screwdriver or equivalent tool with a softer tip, and a clean space to place your key fob parts to ensure they don’t go missing during the process.
- Press the small knob and pull out the auxiliary key.
- Twist a tape-wrapped flathead screwdriver (or flat, soft-tipped item) into the small side space to gently pry open.
- Insert your tool into the outer gap and slide it along the opening. Twist to remove the cover.
- Remove the battery cap and battery. Make sure the rubber ring is not damaged or detached. If it detaches, reattach it before placing in a new battery.
- Insert a new battery with the positive pole facing up. Cover the battery with the battery cap.
- Close the cover. Re-insert the auxiliary key.
Find Help for Mazda CX-5 Maintenance at Bob Baker Mazda
If you don’t feel comfortable replacing the battery on your own, the process can be done right here at our location in the Carlsbad and San Diego area. Stop in, give us a call, or schedule any other maintenance tasks with us today and let us help you out!
Check Out: How to Jump Start Your Mazda